Autumn term 2010 suggestions!

Okay gang, bit delayed in getting this to you but here is the re-drafted provisional schedule for Autumn '10:

http://www.filmsoc.warwick.ac.uk/include/image.php?rt=gallery&id=1649&maxwidth=2000&maxheight=2000

As you can see, there are quite a few changes - these are highlighted: orange means the film is moved, green films are new additions. Also, classics are in bold.
A few films have been dropped: Bounty Hunter (too shit), Repo Men (also fairly shit), Scott Pilgrim (too late), Casablanca/Singin’ In the Rain/Some Like It Hot (saving these for Spring as I decided there were too many classics on this schedule).

I have begrudgingly accommodated the views re: The Thing. I do admit that it practically it is very sensible, but the idea of The Thing at midnight is just so freakin’ sweet. C’est la vie…

As per usual, if you have constructive comments, please post them here; I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

The Programming Meeting is now confirmed as taking place on Wednesday week 3 (12th May) in B201 at 5pm.

Where did Death at a Funeral come from? It seems a rather odd choice… I’m assuming it’s the 2010 remake (4.5 rating on imdb!) rather than the 2007 original (7.3 rating) which we showed two years ago, with only 58 people showing up. :huh:

Looks good Owen. I’m sad to see Casablanca go but I guess we are showing quite a few older films.

Not sure either way about Death at A Funeral. It doesn’t look very good but I guess it might do OK audience wise.

It is the US 2010 remake of Death at a Funeral, yeah. I’m not convinced it’ll be that great either (hence its week 6 slottage), so I might replace that with Get Him to the Greek which almost made the cut anyway.

Never fear, George - Casablanca will hopefully comprise part of a Golden Age of Hollywood season in Spring :smiley:

I’ve got my doubts about 4. 3. 2. 1 :-/

Also, does anyone think Bad Lieutenant could play well as a Friday double? It is supposed to be very good, and might generate some hype in the next few weeks to warrant it…
I’m simultaneously doubting The Ghost’s strength as a double so my thinking is: Ghost drops to single (wherever), Date Night moves to Sun week 4, Iron Man 2 moves to Fri week 3, Bad Lieutenant moves to Fri week 4.
Opinions?

Tough choice between The Ghost and Bad Lieutenant. When is the Iraq inquiry due to release its findings? :-/

Personally I’d be tempted to drop Death at a Funeral (or 4. 3. 2. 1) in favour of The Disappearance of Alice Creed. It got a lot of publicity and I thought it was pretty good.

[quote=‘George’ pid=‘29818’ dateline=‘1273157553’]Personally I’d be tempted to drop Death at a Funeral (or 4. 3. 2. 1) in favour of The Disappearance of Alice Creed. It got a lot of publicity and I thought it was pretty good.
[/quote]

Ooh yes, that would add a bit of diversity into an otherwise mainstream schedule. Doubt it’ll do well, but it’s nice to offer our audience some variety.

Um… got to be Ghost over Bad Lieutenant.

I’d also favour keeping 4.3.2.1 over Death at a Funeral.