Draft Summer 2023 Schedule

if there is in fact any space: blue jean? it’s got gays in and has also won some BIFAs (which is the best award name)

2 Likes

are you actually having me on rn

2 Likes

Big screening to end the term?? They’re usually such good vibes if we do them in W9 :pleading_face:

• hairspray maybe ??
1 Like

Might be an early call but Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania has gotten quite bad reviews (worse than Black Adam on Cinemascore). It’s only just been released but might be good to keep an eye at how well it does in the box office for the following weekends…

Similarly, Marcell the Shell hasn’t been too popular either. Just something to keep a note of.

I went to see ant man last night and it was… a film

1 Like

the neverending story

[sueda on darcie’s acct]

please I need to see this

So there are a couple of changes and things that need to be discussed further:

• Firstly Paint has been suggested by many people and Beau is Afraid now has a UK release date. I think they’re both worth showing, don’t know what others feel about these.

• The release date for Missing got moved to 21st April, so if we still want to play it, it would have to move to the later half of term.

• Some people have suggested Skinamarink and I finally figured out who distributes it so if people really want we can attempt to fit it in

• Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey has popped up a bunch but since we’d be playing it a fair deal later than when it comes out I think the hype would’ve died down a lot.

• There are 35mm prints for Brick and The Mummy - is that too much 35mm?(assuming we shuffle stuff so we don’t have 3 35mm films in a row)

• Ant-Man 3 is doing really badly so not confident in it being a reliable double but not sure what to do about that

So given the updates what do we think about making changes so that the schedule ends up looking like this:

and maybe we could swap ant-man double with the edge of seventeen or alternatively remove ant-man and bring back broker/missing?

Also, I had never heard of the film but Adam showed me this and I now I have the song stuck in my head.

swap ant man with cocaine bear?

1 Like

omg adore the neverending story

also, i like he changes! I think edge of 17 works better as a weekday single rather than a double too :slight_smile:

I’d really love for us to be able to show skinamarink if we can! I’m not entirely sure if we can make room for it, unless we have a cheeky sunday week 4 maybe as a treat. depends on what people think is good for it

so happy paint made it on too!

perhaps, radical idea, skinamarink could replace the antman double if we know it’s going to bomb anyway and then we can try and find a single spot for antman? not sure if that’s a great choice but it’s an idea!

as a die hard MCU girlie, I agree that maybe ant man shouldn’t be on a double, but I don’t have any suggestions of what to swap it with :melting_face:

A couple more things that we’d like to get everyone’s two pennies worth on:

• Replacing Shazam 2 with Broker

• I’ve heard good things about the British rom-com Rye Lane after its premiere last night - but it would probs have to be subbed in for 65 (which releases tomoz but is also social media embargoed until then which is usually a bad sign)?

i think its worth showing shazam 2, i haven;t heard much abt it, granted, but i swear the first one was relatively well recieved? no comment on rye lane/65, haven’t heard of either!

• This has been said already, but I think the problem with replacing Ant-Man is that I’m not sure what would replace it as a double. If we do replace it, I still think we should at least give Ant-Man a single showing at least.
  • Personally, I think Marcel the shell could also be replaceable since I doubt it will do well enough to warrant it (hype for the film is super low, came out in US ages ago - I know our audience is more film fans this year but I’d doubt this will be a decent screening. I think at least Women Talking has better reasons to keep it) This could also free up space for Skinamarink.
  • I think Paint should be a single showing instead of a double… Maybe replace with Beau is Afraid?
  • I feel like (if we can, not sure on the timeframe) we leave decisions on 65 and Shazam 2 when they come out. Although I think it’s good to point out that they don’t really meld well into this year’s more film-fan audience.
  • I think we should definitely consider Rye Lane!

Not sure what film, but we defo should do a big screening. Summer Term is the one term it’s actually nice outside

Was looking forward to 65, but that might just be me, it seems like it should do quite well :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I think a big screening could be good too, but I think Free for Members Everything Everywhere might be a good shout to still keep

I definitely back Beau is Afraid.

Not too sure Paint is double worthy, but I suppose if we need to fill the slots. Could honestly be better suited to Beau is Afraid (backing Joe here) or maybe Scream VI if it’s possible to nudge things around that way.

Given how badly Thor L&T performed in WW it’s a fair guess that Ant Man’s gonna underperform too. Although I don’t see Skinamarink having enough clout to put asses in seats to justify a double. Don’t think we should scrap Ant Man entirely, but also not sure Edge of 17 is more double worthy? Could be a nice weekend unwind film.

Kind of strong disagree on Marcel. I think people have been waiting a while to see it and it could attract the same sort of audience members as Aftersun - which can’t be underestimated!

I say if possible, wait a bit longer for reception re: Rye Lane, 65.

2 Likes

I think that Antman shouldn’t be on a double and that cocaine bear and antman should be switched.

1 Like