The Doctor Who thread

By the way, Rob, congratulations on your 900th post being in the Doctor Who thread :slight_smile:

[quote=“George”]

The perils of not checking the spell check. :oops:[/quote]

Compactly is a word, so the spell check wouldn’t have helped.

What happened was that I miss spelt completely in a rather spectacular fashion so the spell check thought I was trying to spell compactly. I then made the correction without actually reading it properly.

Did you intend to misspell misspelt? :?

No. :frowning:

[quote=“natalia”]

Did you intend to misspell misspelt? :?[/quote]

Meta-irony! Recursion! Castrovalva!

[quote=“George”]
The problem with all of those is that they’re not really as famous as the big four and it might make it look like Russell T Davies is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Not what you want for both his and David Tennant’s final episode.[/quote]

Scrapping? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe RTD is just seeing how much worse he can do so that, even if Moffat starts with a bit of a stumble, we’ll all just be glad the old guy has finally gone. Maybe he could go full circle with his career and have the Behemoth thing as the end of season/specials “monster”!

It could be bit like it’ll be after the General Electon in a few months’ time (assuming the Gurkahs and other MPs don’t just lynch him first)… :lol:

Could be worse. Could be the Abzorbaloff… or the Mighty Jagrafess.

[quote=“firstchoice”]

[quote=“George”]
The problem with all of those is that they’re not really as famous as the big four and it might make it look like Russell T Davies is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Not what you want for both his and David Tennant’s final episode.[/quote]

Scrapping? :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

Aye, these barrels won’t come with their confounded bottoms any more :!:

The problem with RTD is that with the final episodes of the season he always has to out do the last year and my enjoyment of the episode seems to decrease with this.

1. Space station invaded (true a future Earth did get invaded but you only ever really saw that from space so it didn’t really count) :slight_smile:
  2. Earth invaded. :slight_smile:
  3. Earth invaded and occupied for a year. :frowning:
  4. Universe almost destroyed. :shock:

By following the trend the final special will involve Daleks (because its always Daleks) trying to destroy every multiverse (not that I’ve become a bit sceptical of RTD finales).

[quote=“George”]The problem with RTD is that with the final episodes of the season he always has to out do the last year and my enjoyment of the episode seems to decrease with this.

1. Space station invaded (true a future Earth did get invaded but you only ever really saw that from space so it didn’t really count) :slight_smile:

By following the trend the final special will involve Daleks (because its always Daleks) trying to destroy every multiverse (not that I’ve become a bit sceptical of RTD finales).[/quote]

Regarding baddies/goodies, we had:

1. Daleks alone against Rose+Jack+Doctor
  2. Daleks + Cybermen against Rose+Doctor+alternate universe family(+Torchwood)
  3. Master+Toclafene against entire human race+Doctor
  4. Daleks+Davros against all the companions from the new series and two Doctors.

To continue the trend, we would need to have Daleks+Cybermen+Sontarans+Master+Davros against all the companions from the new series, and some from the classic series, plus multiple Doctors…

[quote=“Mathendacil”]

[quote=“George”]The problem with RTD is that with the final episodes of the season he always has to out do the last year and my enjoyment of the episode seems to decrease with this.

By following the trend the final special will involve Daleks (because its always Daleks) trying to destroy every multiverse (not that I’ve become a bit sceptical of RTD finales).[/quote]

Regarding baddies/goodies, we had:

1. Daleks alone against Rose+Jack+Doctor
  2. Daleks + Cybermen against Rose+Doctor+alternate universe family(+Torchwood)
  3. Master+Toclafene against entire human race+Doctor
  4. Daleks+Davros against all the companions from the new series and two Doctors.

To continue the trend, we would need to have Daleks+Cybermen+Sontarans+Master+Davros against all the companions from the new series, and some from the classic series, plus multiple Doctors…[/quote]

You never know, maybe they’ll throw in some ass-kicking Christian Bale (plaing himself of course!) or Harry Potter?!

There was a bit of news about a possible Doctor Who film on the BBC website today. :shock:

[quote]Doctor Who may be heading for the big screen after a spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that “a script is in development”.

BBC entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba said there were no guarantees a film would be made and that, if the project went into full production, a release would be a long time away.[/quote]

[Gaby] :smiley: :slight_smile: :shock: 8) :lol: :!: :?: :idea: :wink: :smiley: :slight_smile: :o :lol: :shock: :!: :?: :idea: :wink: [/Gaby]

In another shocking piece of news… (careful, some spoilers!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8068435.stm

Edited to add - i see this is where you got your news from, I think the title is just as shocking!

You missed :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted: and :expressionless: :!:

:mrgreen: I did miss…
but I didn’t miss :expressionless: , iI left it out (same as :evil: :twisted: ) cos they were inappropriate in this context. And :!: is in it!

The “:!:” wasn’t in the list I claimed you’d missed, it was merely an exclamation!

Anywho, back to the thread (since some of us, unlike Mathendacil, would rather discuss Dr Who in here, than just emoticon away!) and there appears to be a smidge of controversy in so far as the new sidekick has been revealed and is an apparent nobody :?

To make matters worse, she’s a very young nobody… (to go with the youngest ever doctor)… way to go make some of us feel old!

I’m not too worried that she’s young or a nobody. Matt Smith is a bit more of a concern. I think Doctor Who could survive a weak choice for a companion but a weak choice for the Doctor might be more damaging. However, I’ll reserve judgement until I see them acting as, if they give good performances, I doubt their age or fame will matter much.

[size=9]And people like me will have to consol themselves that the Doctor isn’t (quite) younger than them.[/size]

:lol:

she looks kinda incompetent…but i’m sure she’ll do fiiiine :slight_smile:

embrace the change, everyone :smiley: