Venom

[quote=“natalia”]

Is this including Batman Begins? Because that had an incredibly consistent study on the theme of fear. Bruce’s dad dies because Bruce was afraid and the robber was spooked. Falconi: You always fear what you don’t understand", Liam Neeson: You must conquer your fears, striking fear into the hearts of criminals, the fear-inducing drug… Pretty consistent, I’d say. [/quote]

Now I have to rewatch BB. I was not thrilled first time round, but now you say that, I might find it more interesting… (Also, the scarecrow plays on that theme).

Some good has come from all this controversy then! :smiley:

Haha. L3 sometime this week? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“natalia”]

more than the original… Can anyone explain??

In the second, everything is falling apart. He lets down MJ lots, she’s going to marry someone else, up till the very end. His promise is failing in school, his powers are failing but he doesn’t know why. He lives in a shi*hole and has no money. His effective mother is losing her house and has no money. She finds out he was partly responsible for his ‘father’s’ death and is ashamed of him… The whole thing was grim…[/quote]

[size=9]It’s grim, it all comes out but it works out in the end. To quote a more hardcore hero, ‘Only after disaster can we be resurected… It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.’ It might be grim, but they get together in the end and he still gets to be spiderman. the vilain kills himself so there are no hard feelings, and it has the ‘raindrops keep falling on my head…’ scene. Bless. I’m not doing it justice, but I remember it having the biggest feel-good factor of the three.

Back to the point, I’m looking forward to venom. He was an awesome character! Venom had a better character than James Franco’s part throughout the whole of the three films (I love James Franco, but he’s so meh in the spideys).

And spidey 3 seems to be taking a bit of a kicking - it just wasn’t that bad. It has emo spidey! emo, jazz-playing, hair-flickin, eye-liner wearin, slightly aggressive, cheesy dancing spidey. And it has Eric Forman! So it’s not as good as the second, but it runs rings around the first![/size]

You mean Topher Grace? drools

Have you never watched That '70s Show? :shock:

I’ve watched one episode, wasn’t hooked. In fairness it was dubbed.

Here, here! Emo Spidey was a brilliantly entertaining sequence! He’s so amazingly arrogant. Had me in fits of laughter :lol:

and the scene with the French maitre d’… :lol:

I have to say I did laugh at the “aggressive cells” scene. I’m not sure it was meant to be funny though. :shock: