And the winner is

The Globes have come and gone, with no real surprises, which is probably a good thing - check out the winners list here, or the full nominations list (including winners) at IMDb.

From the clips this morning, was nice to see Michael Douglas declaring the Best Film (Drama) category.

I have to say that I’m slightly annoyed about the best foreign language film… in so far as it not only hasn’t been released in the UK… it doesn’t even have an upcoming release date on IMDb!

Finally, now that he’s been confirmed as a Hollywood star, will Colin Firth go on to take the top gong at the Oscars? Nominations come out on the 25th Jan :slight_smile:

My housemate may well have seen In a Better World in Denmark. With the awards publicity, one would expect the film to gain a UK release this year.

The Bafta nominations are out…

No surprises there, which is nice to see.

No nominations for ‘The Tourist’ either, unlike the Golden Globes :smiley:

Another win for The King’s Speech, this time in America!

I like the line near the bottom stating that they (Producers’ Guild of America) have agreed with the Academy on 13 of the last 20 best pictures. Not bad levels of agreement I guess :slight_smile:

Oscar nominations are revealed today at 1.30pm!!!

Full Academy Awards nominations here:
http://www.imdb.com/features/oscars/2011/nominations

No huge surprises, which is slightly disappointing.

I’d have to say that Best Supporting Actress looks a slightly weak category - and I’m flummoxed that Julianne Moore wasn’t considered for The Kids Are All Right, unless they deem her co-lead?

Still, Barbara Hershey was brilliant as the mother in Black Swan and she’s not in there either.

Razzie nominations are out too. Looks like Twilight: Eclipse and Last Airbender are dominating the nominations this year.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29972

Here’s Wayne and Garth’s take on the nominees.

How did Roman Polanski (seemingly the film world’s favourite sex offender) win an award for The Ghost?!? It was one of the worst films I saw last term.

Some of the less irrelevant results are now in, including:

Actor in a Supporting Role: Christian Bale (The Fighter)
Actress in a Supporting Role: Melissa Leo (The Fighter)
Animated Feature Film: Toy Story 3
Art Direction: Alice in Wonderland :shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock
Cinematography: Inception
Costume Design: Alice in Wonderland :shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock:shock
Foreign Language Film: In a Better World (Denmark)
Original Score: The Social Network
Sound (Both Mixing and Editing): Inception
and, to nicely set up the duel later on…
Best Original Screenplay: The King’s Speech
Best Adapted Screenplay: The Social Network[hr]
Best Director: Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech)
Best Actress: Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
Best Actor: Colin Firth (The King’s Speech)

and finally:
Best Picture: The King’s Speech!!!

Of course, we also have the most important results of them all:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30277

It’s that Danish film again. It has a UK release date (and a different English title) now.

And let’s spare a thought for True Grit, which was nominated in 10 categories but won nothing.

Cannes has voted, and the Palme D’Or winner is… this!