Double Screenings

To try to keep it fairly simple I thought I’d post the films I thought could do a double screening in a separate thread. I don’t really know what good Rom coms or the like are coming up so I’m sure I’ve missed a few films.

Twilight
The Spirit
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Slumdog Milionaire
Gran Turino
Curious case of Benjamine Button
Watchmen
The Wrestler
Che: Part One
Che: Part Two
Defiance
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Valkyrie
Yes Man

What do people think of these as double showings? What else should be on a double?

The two Kate Winslet films, The Reader and Revolutionary Road, should be considered for double screenings.

I think LVK needs to be added to that list…

Seeing as this is a public thread for everyone to see/suggest, i shall clarify that that is ‘lesbian vampire killers’ i assume, schrammy :slight_smile:
i would hesitate over ‘day the earth stood still’ and the two che’s being doubles, but others sound good, george, as well as the winslet two.

Lesbian Vampire Killers could be fun but I’ve been lead to believe it won’t be out in time (its released on the 20th of March). As I said in the other thread though I don’t really know what the deadline is so I might be wrong.

The Day the Earth Stood Still was alright although I agree that it’s probably about the weakest of the doubles suggested.

We also have the option of putting one of the films from this term’s AllNighter on as the first double of term.

If we start to struggle to fill all the double slots then I think that Che 1 and 2 would be good doubles, but as they come out quite soon after one another we could also do 1 one day then 2 the next as we are doing with Kill Bill this term.