Eurovision

Welcome to the Eurovision sweep stake thread (or guess how rubbish we do this year thread). How many points will we get?

I guess nul points.

NB/ Credit to Sarah for coming up with the idea for this thread. Please don’t kill me for nicking it.

I’m going to guess 4 or 6 points.

From Ireland maybe? :mrgreen:

I’m just annoyed that Doctor Who isn’t on, despite the fact that the 6:20 slot doesn’t actually clash with Eurovision…

I, on the other hand, am quite amused that they are putting the trailer right before Eurovision in hope that people will stay for that dreadful, dreadful event.
I think England will get at least more points than Latvia, France and Spain - I’d go for 7 points (though I do not know how many points are available…)
The winners should be amongst the next five: Croatia, Armenia, Iceland, Azerbaijan, Albania. My money is on Armenia.

Each country gives points to other countries with 10 or 12 for their first choice (can’t remember which) if that helps.

I think Latvia will do alright as its eastern european so is likely to pick up lots of points from other eastern European countries.

Iceland won’t do well as they have no neighbours to vote for them.

Not that I’m cynical about the whole thing.

It’s 12 for the first, 10 for the second.

[size=18]I’m gonna say 17.[/size]

[size=7]If you are annoyed that a certain Scottish fellow isn’t on TV today then check out the mid season trailer
[/size]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/videos/

I am more interested in how many points Spain is going to get.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eurovision/participants/

I’ll say 13 points for the UK.

Iceland may get some points from Norway.

[quote=“Aiden”]

If you are annoyed that a certain Scottish fellow isn’t on TV today then check out the mid season trailer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/videos/[/quote]

Yeah. However. They. Are. Not. Available. Outside. The. UK. (breathes deeply)
Quite fortunate there is the tube of you! How awesome was that trailer? :smiley:

Good job! You don’t pay a TV license. Pierre you are gonna have to find the exclusive clip from the next episode (I tried looking on utube for you but failed). Steven Moffat rocks. Hopefully he can help restore my faith in dr who, the last two episodes were poor.

The trailer was cool especially “almost every species in the universe has an irrational fear of the dark, but they’re wrong cus it’s not irrational”. Kinda reminds me of the Lethifold.

14 points (although still bottom of the table) so the Mac wins! We weren’t too bad though this year (especially compared to Bosnia, Spain, Azerbaijan…).

Looks like Wogan might not do it next year though. :frowning:
He seemed even more annoyed than normal about the political voting.

George, i’m not taking responsability for this.

… and now I’ve wasted a post. A whole normal font sized post on what is essentially forum tumbleweed. And I’m not even watching Eurovision. I hope you’re happy!

At least we achieved the same points as Poland and Germany.

[quote=“George”]
Looks like Wogan might not do it next year though. :frowning:
He seemed even more annoyed than normal about the political voting.[/quote]

He said that he and Western Europe had to decide whether it was worth turning up next year.

There’s a BBC news article about this and about whether he’ll do it again:

How many people actually watched this for the whole of their Saturday evening :?: :!:

Well… Terry Wogan has. That probably explains why he doesn’t want to do it again :stuck_out_tongue:

Not the WHOLE of our Saturday evening. :slight_smile:

And thanks to Jeffrey for that link. It even has ones that weren’t shown. There were actually some okay entries to Eurovision. It’s a shame that none of them made it through. :frowning: And Azerbajjan’s entry makes more sense. Ireland’s was particularly good, though now I have it in my head.

“Irland est douzer poits. Irland est douzer poits” :smiley:

[quote=“Mathendacil”]

[quote=“Aiden”]

If you are annoyed that a certain Scottish fellow isn’t on TV today then check out the mid season trailer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/videos/[/quote]

Yeah. However. They. Are. Not. Available. Outside. The. UK. (breathes deeply)
Quite fortunate there is the tube of you! How awesome was that trailer? :-D[/quote]

I saw some of the songs and the scoring. The scoring is the best bit because you can guess the points from each country. Its quite telling that you don’t even have to have seen the songs to do that.