So I just watched Film 2009 with Jonathan Ross, the final show concluding the best films of the year.
Happily we’ve yet to show quite a lot of them, so here are some thoughts I had during the show.
Its on iPlayer at http://bbc.co.uk/i/pk76k/ if you want to watch it.
- Transformers 2 could be more popular than we give it credit for.
- By the looks of it, the Hangover could be just as popular as The Boat that Rocked earlier in the Autumn term, and so could do rather well.
- I now want to see The Hurt Locker.
- I was surprised District 9 didn’t get into any top 10s.
- Moon sounds like it could be better than I expected.
- 2012, which I’d originally expected to be really good, then Mat told me it wasn’t so great, didn’t even feature in the episode - doh!
- Up! was getting rave reviews, so now even more looking forward to the AllNighter
- New Moon didn’t get into anyone’s favourites either, odd! (It was only mentioned when they spoke of Let the Right One In as “the vampire movie twilight should have been”)
- Avatar is sounding stunning, I think I should try and go see this in 3D.
- The Informant! might be worth watching?
(You can see which films I’m wanting to see at http://filmsoc.warwick.ac.uk/upages/csujba/)
EDIT: I might also add that they went to visit a cinema to interview the staff on their favourite films. Amongst things said was “we love Harry Potter but hate the crowds it brings” - we’re better than that, so we should write and invite them to Warwick!