Just seen the Dark Knight!

I would place The Dark Knight higher than Batman Begins but not in the top 50.

I would be intrigued so as to see the Mac’s top 50… nudge nudge

[quote=“Klan”]

Very droll.[/quote]

Droll? Well, perhaps… but it was the 4000th post :-p

I hadn’t noticed. Well done to all those who contributed towards another thousand posts for the forums. I think that’s one thousand posts in just over two months.

That might take a while, given that I’ve spent many months determining my top 10 albums. (I’m up to number nine.)

[quote=“Klan”]

That might take a while, given that I’ve spent many months determining my top 10 albums. (I’m up to number nine.)[/quote]

and you’ve attained 300 posts :slight_smile:

The Dark Knight is slipping on Imdb’s top 250. That said, it’s still in the top spot, but it’s scaled mark is now down to 9.2, only just ahead of Shawshank and the Godfather. I’ve also started to hear quite a few people say that it’s good, but it’s not that good…

Obviously this film is destined to stay in the top 10 to 20 for the rest of time (at least a decade or two!), but I don’t think it’ll be looked back at in 10 years like Shawshank, Schindler’s List and Pulp Fiction are now, and even less so in 30 to 40 years time as Godfather/(II), The Good the bad and t’ugly, one flew over and empire strikes back are…

That said, i still think it’s awesome :slight_smile:

Some bad news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7541667.stm

Nooooo… not Morgan :frowning:

Fingers crossed he’ll be ok :slight_smile: On a similar note, did everyone else read that article about Shia Labeouf’s hand being crushed in his last car crash (the one that “wasn’t his fault”)? Could make filming for the new Transformers film interesting.

More Dark Knight news, this time about the 12A rating:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7540292.stm

I love this quote:

‘He told The Independent newspaper: “The BBFC should realise there are scenes of gratuitous violence in The Dark Knight to which I certainly would not take my 11-year-old daughter. It should be a 15 certificate.”

Surely he’s just missing the whole point of 12A, isn’t he?! He wouldn’t take his 11 year old daughter… so he shouldn’t! She’s not legally allowed to go without a 12+ person, so hey presto… job’s a good’un :slight_smile:

Thankfully the latest news on Morgan is that he should be fine :slight_smile: He’s got broken arm elbow and possibly shoulder, but seems to be in good spirits from what the article says :slight_smile:

And how good will he be as Nelson Mandela :?: :!:

I’m entirely convinced that it’s suitable for 12 year olds, and besides some adults are incapable of resisting pressure from their younger kids to take them to see it. There was somebody on the radio that had taken her 6 year old daughter to see it!

I’ve finally seen the Dark Knight. :smiley: Excellent film. In spite of having watched fairly large chunks of it in trailers and the like it still managed to surprise me and the joker was brilliant. I don’t agree with it being at the top of imdb although its a tougher call for the top 50 (its definitely more deserving than some films in the top 50 but then again Alien is at 50 and that’s also an excellent film).

I think it probably should have had a 15 rating but ratings have generally been getting so much lower over the last 5 or 6 years that I’m probably just showing my age.

[size=9]
I noticed while checking the imdb top 250 that Shawshank has overtaken the Godfather! [/size] :shock:

Can I add to this comment by saying that I’ve noticed that the furore around the Dark Knight and its placing in the IMDb Top 250, seems to have had a knock on consequence that the other films in and around the top have received a boost in their number of votes. When The Dark Knight reached about 90,000 votes, I remember thinking that it’s still the least voted on film in the top 10, though only just, with at least two of the others having low 90,000 votes. This has now ballooned (when you consider that we’re talking about really old films) with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly now boasting 102,000+ votes. There’s also been the dropping of Seven Samurai from about 8th over most of the past year, to twelfth currently.

I know - I really should spend more time working :!:

Latest positions from the IMDB top 250:

1. 9.1 The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 360,131
  2. 9.1 The Godfather (1972) 308,675
    3. 9.1 The Dark Knight (2008) 222,220
  3. 9.0 The Godfather: Part II (1974) 175,234
  4. 8.9 Buono, il brutto, il cattivo., Il (1966) 102,653

The Dark Knight has dropped two places today! :o

The Dark Knight re-release?? :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7609739.stm

Does anyone know if this will stop us from showing it? :?

From that report it looked like this is only applicable to the USA !

It sounded like it’s just imax to me