Laserlizard's end

Looks to me as though the Copy Shop will definitely close…
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/insite/newsandevents/intnews2/students_union_redevelopment_-_post_office_and_copyshop1/
And the Post Office will be in Costies. The only question is - which part of Costies are they going to ditch to make space for the Post Office, walk-up copiers, etc?

This is really bad… it’ll have a significant impact upon the production of much of our publicity… thanks for pointing it out Pierre.

As for the shop itself, i can’t say that i’m surprised… it was really small and pretty rubbish anyways, with most of the stuff avaialble cheaper online… annoyign not to have it there if you want it immediately though :frowning:

:frowning:

That’s a really annoying. Its going to be difficult to get colour publicity, A3 posters and T-shirts printed from now on.

Has anyone else noticed that we seem to have an ever decreasing number of shops on campus?

[quote=“George”]
Has anyone else noticed that we seem to have an ever decreasing number of shops on campus?[/quote]

Yeah. You don’t need to mention that to me. No Oxfam, no Endsleigh, barely a Post Office after this, no Laserlizard… Next thing you know they’re gonna close down Costies.

The most profitable costies in the country? Unlikely :?

[quote=“Roberto”]

The most profitable costies in the country? Unlikely :?[/quote]

It flies in the face of all that makes sense. So since Warwck Retail is involved, it’ll happen!

But where are they going to plant the Post Office? Will the coffee dispenser now dispense beverages AND stamps? Chaos will reign, forswooth, i sees it in the dust rising from all the building works being carried out i do i do i do.

Well all will be chaos next year 'cus Pierre is back… but I’d guess it’ll go at the “alcohol” end of Costies since they’ve never properly used that space since they got it, and there’s an alcove available behind one of the fridges there that could mean the Post Office counter won’t take much room out of the store. But again, that might be logical so it’s unlikely to materialise that way.

[quote=“firstchoice”]

Well all will be chaos next year 'cus Pierre is back…[/quote]

Wait till you see the rotas… seemingly I will only have classes on tuesdays and saturdays, so I will be able to fill them up properly :twisted:

It looks like the post office is going where the magazines used to be. They’ve moved the magazines around a bit and they’re working on the wall where they used to be.