Monsters Inc 2!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8639142.stm
Yay, it exists! Anyone else looking forward to this? Also in the review is the vague plot for the next new Pixar film, Brave.

Much as I love Monsters, Inc., this and the Cars sequel next year imply to me that they’re running out of original ideas…

I didn’t realise they were making a Cars sequel as well :frowning: I didn’t like that one- maybe it had something to do with Owen Wilson.
Potential social idea though- a day in Eurodisney?!

:slight_smile: Have you been to the course where they let you know that to do anything you need to fill in a form - it’s FUN! :smiley: I do like the idea, though :slight_smile: And there’s always ways around bureaucracy :wink:

[quote=“bsuije”]

:slight_smile: Have you been to the course where they let you know that to do anything you need to fill in a form - it’s FUN! :smiley: I do like the idea, though :slight_smile: And there’s always ways around bureaucracy :wink:[/quote]

Charter a plane and put The Sound of Music during the flight, thus fulfilling the promise of the old old secretary :smiley:

Just read a snippet about this on wikipedia, after checking their page about Disney releases.

It’s also stated on the IMDb page that it’s a prequel, detailing Mike and Sulley’s university days and how they became friends. I agree with Owen’s earlier sentiments about it being a worrying sign for the creativity department at Pixar. That said, now that they’re part of Disney, I’m not overly surprised, as they’ve not really made a good non-Pixar animation since the 91-94 triumverate of Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King.

Since then, they’ve had such hits as: Home on the Range, Brother Bear and Treasure Planet.

There have also been sequels/old ideas including: Bambi 2, Fantasia 2000 and The Tigger Movie.

Though neither Bolt, nor Lilo and Stitch were too bad.

This isn’t to say that Disney has become entirely useless - it’s just worrying how less frequent their animated hits have become, compared to the early 40s, the 50s, 60s and early 90s.

For a list of just their animated features, see the wikipedia page!

Tangled was a decent film although I agree that overall these haven’t been very good years for Disney.

I was really quite looking forward to Pixar’s ‘Newt’ slated for 2012, but it’s now been canned :frowning:

The teaser trailer is out…

can’t really say whether i think it looks good or not as i love the first film so much that this was guaranteed to look good.

Certainly worth a watch methinks…

Eugh, seriously? :-/ The first one was bad enough!

You serious Fergus? Monsters, Inc. was fab!

I genuinely didn’t like it.

New trailer:

Rumour has it that Finding Nemo is now set for a sequel too.

You’d never guess that Disney had bought Pixar, would you?!