No Alice in Wonderland at the Odeon

Odeon plan to boycott Alice in Wonderland because Disney are giving it a reduced run at cinemas with the aim of getting the dvd released sooner.

Where’s our nearest Cineworld, then? :?

That’s a crazily early release date for a DVD. Why are people so adamant about getting it out so quickly?
At least this doesn’t affect our social to the Imax phew.

Rugby’s about 30mins drive away [size=7](if you drive like my dad does!)[/size]

Who put this thread up?

They clearly got it wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8536195.stm

[quote=“fruibn”]Why are people so adamant about getting it out so quickly?
[/quote]

Because DVD releases make lots and lots of money for Disney.

And Disney won’t circulate the print after its first run…

Well, like all the best hypocrites, at least Odeon has now gone back on their word. I bet the word ‘money’ was never mentioned at all in that conversation, hmm…

Maybe they got reassurances as to the print’s availability after the 12-week run…

I doubt they’d care much about it’s availibilty once the dvd’s been released. After all you could buy the dvd for the price of two tickets so almost nobody would bother going to the cinema.

[quote=“George”]

I doubt they’d care much about it’s availibilty once the dvd’s been released. After all you could buy the dvd for the price of two tickets so almost nobody would bother going to the cinema.[/quote]

I think that had a large part of why Odeon were so pissed off.

[quote=“George”]

I doubt they’d care much about it’s availibilty once the dvd’s been released. After all you could buy the dvd for the price of two tickets so almost nobody would bother going to the cinema.[/quote]

Hmmm… But 3D!!

It’ll be 3 months after release though so I think anyone who was that keen to have seen it in 3D will have already done so. The cinemas probably wouldn’t have been making money off it by week 12 anyway whatever Disney did. I’m guessing their concern is that part of their potential audience won’t bother seeing it in the month of release as it’ll only be a short wait for the dvd.

Interesting first-up ticket info:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8557679.stm

Avatar’s easy to beat on the ticket sales front though, isn’t it :?: :!: