RIP Oxfam

Oxfam at Warwick University will be closing in February, even though the shop was making quite a bit of profit. Details on here.
This means we need to find alternative space for the weekly WSC posters. :frowning:

This is really confusingā€¦ why would they do that?! Iā€™m guessing that it means the university wants to make money out of the space themselves :frowning:

Nope the university is just about blameless in the matter. Oxfam (internal management) decided to break the lease, for no apparent reason. As far as I know, the University likes us very much - heck they ā€˜gaveā€™ us one Whitefields for storage over the Summer (room clearances).

Yeah but Pierre are those figures from Oxfam from when you worked there ?

because the staffing levels have a dropped without you.
I have been by alot and it tends to be closed at weekends and opens at short hours outside of term time.

MAYBE IF YOU CAME BACK THEY WOULD CHANGE THEIR MINDS ??? :wink:

Lol. I doubt it. Staffing was actually only awful the week after I left, but it got better!
And the figures are estimated for this year based on IMO realistic hypotheses, could actually be a lot higher.
Feel free to put that comment on my blog though :wink: Iā€™m flattered!

[quote=ā€œMathendacilā€]Lol. I doubt it. Staffing was actually only awful the week after I left, but it got better!
And the figures are estimated for this year based on IMO realistic hypotheses, could actually be a lot higher.
Feel free to put that comment on my blog though :wink: Iā€™m flattered![/quote]

I think Pierreā€™s right, I handed in an application form and got refused.

This is very touching, yet my sympathies must go out to you Pierre. By the way, are you running for Chief DM at Mondayā€™s meeting?!

No I reckon Iā€™d rather run for unofficial films officer or publicity officer. Or both. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe they can replace Oxfam with a ā€˜Union Shopā€™, rehire the old staff and start selling BLT sandwiches for ƂĀ£1.25 and pork & pickle pies again.

[size=9](I admit it would be a tad optimistic)[/size]