Sherlock Holmes

They’ve released a trailer for Sherlock Holmes:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24840

Looks like it might be entertaining although I don’t think they’ve got the feel of Sherlock Holmes right. He looks a bit like a Victorian James Bond. :shock:

A quote from wikipedia to illuminate us all: the film is apparently ‘a reinterpretation more focused in the character’s martial abilities’. Obviously the fact he meant to be all about deduction and intellect is irrelevant then?!

Nice to see that even in a film set in England, the hero is American, and the villain English :stuck_out_tongue:

IT LOOKS AWESOOMMEEEEEEEE :shock: :smiley: :lol: 8)

and george is up to a 1000 posts!!! congrats!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“George”]

Looks like it might be entertaining although I don’t think they’ve got the feel of Sherlock Holmes right. He looks a bit like a Victorian James Bond. :shock:[/quote]

I thought you were a fan of Sherlock Holmes. I agree with Vicky that this looks like total butchery of a classic which notsomuch missed the point as never knew that there was one. This looks like a complete betrayal to Sherlock Holmes. Why are you considering watching this?

oddly enough, i’m a big fan of the Sherlock Holmes books (and the Jeremy Brett tv series, naturally), but i’m still planning on going to see this, because it’s so far away from the actual books that it’ll probably be quite entertaining. It’s as if Guy Ritchie has made a Guy Ritchie movie set in victorian britain, and just happens to have named some of the characters after some characters from the Conan Doyle books.

it’s not neccesarily sacriledge if you accept that Guy Ritchie was never going to make a proper Sherlock Holmes movie in the first place. if Watson ends up calling someone a faarrkin’ slaaag i won’t be too disappointed, i don’t think.

I do like the Sherlock Holmes books (although oddly enough I actually preferred Conan Doyle’s science fiction stories). I’ll give it a chance though because it might be a good film even if it isn’t a good Sherlock Holmes film (like how I felt about the latest Star Trek film).

Hehe - i do hope so… that’d make my day!

I have to agree though - from the second that guy ritchie got it, it wasn’t looking like being a conventional costume drama, was it?!