Hi everyone! We are happy to showcase the first draft for the coming term. You can access it here.
A few notes to keep in mind:
- Dirty Dancing has been booked and cannot be moved due to a collaboration with the Latin & Ballroom society.
- The date for the pub quiz is not set in stone yet as we are waiting for the SU to release their dates for events. We will schedule the pub quiz around it.
- The Room is a collaboration with the Bad Film society and we will wait to get a confirmation on the date from them.
Please let us know what you think and remember to attend the programming meeting this weekend! Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it but Josh will be amazing as always
Looking pretty good to me! Especially happy to see the brilliant Ocean’s Eleven on there .
Slightly disappointed Catch Me if You Can hasn’t been moved onto it though, and - with absolutely no conflict of interest - I’m not sure Philosopher’s stone would attract that many people as a standalone film. I think there’s plenty of better films that could use the 35mm slot but that’s just me.
Did we ever work out if Catch me if you Can has 35mm prints or not?
I’ve sent an email off to the distributor who have Catch Me If You Can, if 35mm is available I’d be happy to put it on the schedule because I know you’ve wanted it for a while.
This looks AMAZING, great work @aryaneja @JoshHoward so glad we managed to get Memoria, I wasn’t expecting that!
I am happy to consider alternatives but there are two reasons for why we considered Philosopher’s Stone:
- The 20th anniversary is coming up and Warner is doing a rerelease.
- The last time we showed Philosopher’s Stone stand-alone it apparently did well.
Anyway let us know if you have any other films we should consider!
Thoughts on C’mon C’mon? We do love an A24 flick…
Ignore me I clearly can’t read. It’s been moved to 3rd Dec though and Entertainment have long windows until single day bookings so it’ll probs need moving.
Just so everyone has the chance to see what changes have been made since the programming meeting, I’m listing what has been done in the last week and a bit:
- We are putting Death on the Nile to T3 for the time being as the chance of getting the film I think is quite slim due to its release date falling at an awkward time, and pushing it back a term may also allow for a 70mm copy of the film to be shown here.
- Ocean’s Eleven has been moved to W9 Friday in place of Death on the Nile, as I believe Alex mentioned he didn’t particularly want a 35mm film in the last week of term.
- The 35mm print of Fantasia brought up in the meeting has been added in place of Ali and Ava - followed by some moving around to put The Way, Way Back in W9 and Fantasia in W3
- Die Hard 70mm has been put in place of 2001 70mm, and this show has been moved to earlier on in term
- Drive My Car has been swapped with C’mon C’mon to accommodate for it’s later release date and Entertainment being weird with the time it takes for us to be able to show it
- Pub Quiz and The Room’s dates are still provisional and could change
- Memoria has been swapped with A Hero. This is largely due to the awkward distribution of Memoria, however A Hero looks like a good film in its own right. It’s from the director of A Separation and I think the swap between the two makes sense given they would likely attract roughly the same audience.
- Marry Me has been added to the schedule for the last day to take the spot left by Death on the Nile. We thought that this would give a bit more genre coverage on the schedule and is something quite light-hearted to end the term. There are, however, quite a few strong options of new releases which could potentially be booked in time instead of this (Uncharted, Fireheart, even the new Jackass), so if there was good demand for another film instead of this it could change
Nice nice nice! Just to check: the chess soc collab film is still planned even though it’s not on the schedule right?
That’s a good point! Yes, we’re still planning on having the collabs with chess soc and also Ice-skating soc during the term, however they would be on Wednesdays. Have you heard anything more about a particular date they would like to book from either society?
Again just to keep people up to date @aryaneja and I have made some more changes to the schedule in light of some new films being confirmed for release in the next few months:
- Licorice Pizza has been added as a double on saturday w4. This should be available in 35mm, however Kieran has mentioned that 70mm should also be available. If this is the case, Die Hard will likely be moved earlier/later as I imagine two 70mm shows in a week is not ideal.
- Belfast has also been added as a double in W7. This has taken the place of The 355 which has been moved to Sunday W6.
- Tadap has been added as a single Monday W4. Disney is the distributor for this.
- Lamb, the new Scream and JFK Revisited are the films that have been taken off the schedule
- We’ve added a member’s free film for Fantasia in W6
Also forgot to mention Morbius has taken The Black Phone’s place as a double in W9 in light of Marvel doing very well this term
I mean it depends, as it is they would only have to do the conversion once
Yeah, gotta ask Andy/Alex but I suspect they’d go for this over spreading them out
They’ve got back to me and said Wednesdays are fine, and they don’t mind which week
I spoke to Aryan about this, would it be possible to arrange these for Wednesday week 2 and Wednesday week 5?