Spring Suggestions that could've been shown already

Hey all,

This isn’t the invitation to start sending in all sorts of suggestions just yet, but it seems to me that the time is right for people to highlight films we haven’t scheduled for the autumn term (even though we could have done), that might still be suitable for the spring schedule.

My list so far consists of the following May-August releases:

The Hangover
The Proposal
Moon
(500) Days of Summer
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
Coco avant Chanel
Looking for Eric
12 Rounds

And obviously several of the films on The AllNighter, ie: Transformers 2, Coraline and Funny People.

Hurt Locker Empire was raving about it and it’s meant to be really good.
District 9 I’ve also heard good things about this and it’s done well at the box office.
The Final Destination Might be good for a midnight.
Funny People I haven’t seen it but imagine that it would do well.
The Time Traveler’s Wife I’ve only heard ok things about it but might be worth considering anyway.
Mesrine: Killer Instinct A foreign film maybe (I don’t know much about it but I’ve heard of it which I tend to take as a good sign).
Antichrist Reviews have been a bit polarised but it should do well with all the controversy surrounding the violence in it.

[quote=“George”]Hurt Locker Empire was raving about it and it’s meant to be really good.
District 9 I’ve also heard good things about this and it’s done well at the box office.
The Final Destination Might be good for a midnight.
Funny People I haven’t seen it but imagine that it would do well.
The Time Traveler’s Wife I’ve only heard ok things about it but might be worth considering anyway.
Mesrine: Killer Instinct A foreign film maybe (I don’t know much about it but I’ve heard of it which I tend to take as a good sign).
Antichrist Reviews have been a bit polarised but it should do well with all the controversy surrounding the violence in it.[/quote]

Ta Georgio, though Funny people is on the AllNighter :!:

I’ve also heard some good things re: (500) Days of Summer, as far as chick-flicks are concerned :slight_smile:

Sorry. That one got past me.

Yeah. I saw it. Not really my type of film but it seemed quite interesting and different to most romance films. I found it quite watchable which is a fairly big complement given than nobody got shot.

[quote=“George”]
Mesrine: Killer Instinct A foreign film maybe (I don’t know much about it but I’ve heard of it which I tend to take as a good sign).[/quote]

Just advertise the former as “inspired Steven Moffatt”. The latter is a big French hit. The arts centre showed it. It might be worth noting that it is a two-parter though…

Known as Public Enemy No. 1, Jacques Mesrine was the French John Dillinger. The Mesrine films have been better received critically than Michael Mann’s Public Enemies.