Spring Term 2018

Hey everyone, I’m just opening another thread for people to post their film suggestions for term 2. Just leave your suggestions and they can be discussed at the programming meeting, which will most likely be next week (I’ll post here when the location/time is confirmed). I’ll also post a draft schedule here if I have something presentable before the prog meeting. That’s about it. I look forward to hearing your suggestions. Bye bye.

I think we should look at putting films (certainly the big releases) as early on as we can.

Also, Fight Club :stuck_out_tongue: I did see God’s Own Country and it was lovely; if Pride want to do anything with us it might work.

Marx Brothers! Duck Soup!

Also Les Intouchables!

Call me by your name, The Square, The Light of the Moon (maybe in support of the SU #wegetconsent campaign?), How to talk to girls at parties, Mother!, 20 battements par minute, Loveless.
The Bee Movie?

I told Benji that I too would push for it, so Untouchable!

I reckon most suggestions I make will be fairly obvious stuff that you’re already planning - Happy Death Day would make me happy. Coco and Downsizing are both coming out at mid-January - it’d be good to get those if we could - plus Liam Neeson beats up more people in The Commuter - I don’t know if the Mel Gibson dictionary film or the Cumberbatch (urgh) Edison film will be ready in time?

Unrest is an award-winning documentary about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)/ME. Roger Ebert rated it 3/4, and it has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes currently, with 18 reviews (an admittedly small number, but 100% all the same)

Also: Howl’s Moving Castle

Things I’d like to see in there:

• The Room and The Disaster Artist
  • Blade Runner: The Final Cut and Blade Runner 2049
  • The Death of Stalin
  • Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
  • Molly’s Game
  • The Killing of a Sacred Deer
  • Lady Bird (probably too late for Term 2, though)

Things that could feature in there (just to put them all on the record, as I’ve no doubt you’re already considering many of these!):

• Loving Vincent
  • Victoria and Abdul
  • The Party
  • The Florida Project (even though I wasn’t particularly taken by it)
  • Darkest Hour
  • All the Money in the World

I’d also like to third Untouchable!

1 Like

Oh, and can we show one of the old Beatles films - maybe A Hard Day’s Night, or Help, or Yellow Submarine?

2 Likes

A couple of films I thought of:

• Battle for the Sexes
  • Wind River
  • Breathe
  • The Shape of Water
  • Darkest Hour
  • I second God’s Own Country

I second a Beatles film