Term 3: Week 8 Vote

Week 8 is the last of the graveyard weeks so there should be more choice next week. Which film deserves to win though?

I was thoroughly disappointed by The Reader.
Didn’t really feel it was Oscar-worthy either. Don’t get me wrong; I love Kate Winslet [size=7](more than anyone shall ever know)[/size] but even Angelina Jolie in Changeling would’ve been a worthier winner.

Thus my vote goes to the honourable Mr. Eastwood :slight_smile:

I went for Gran Torino too. A really good film (I was quite tempted to join the people who saw both showings). A nice film for Clint Eastwood to end his acting career on too.

The Reader was allright but I’d agree that it wasn’t really worthy of all the oscar nominations (and it’s win).

Oh yeah, I hadn’t noticed all its other nominations. That’s ridiculous.
To be quite honest, I think Kate should have been up for Best Actress for Revolutionary Road; a much better performance AND a better film all-round, I felt.

i kinda liked the reader, but after the first 30-40mins [size=7](where that boy was most probably having the time of his life!!! owen, didn’t you just wish you were him…)[/size] or so it deteriorated to a point of nothingness…

gran torino, though…oh gran torino…i cried at both showing - 'nuff said! :roll:

I wasn’t really bothered about seeing Gran Torino but after all this raving about it I might have to. I didn’t vote as I haven’t seen any of the films this week again, damn exams!

[quote=“OPR”]I was thoroughly disappointed by The Reader.
Didn’t really feel it was Oscar-worthy either. Don’t get me wrong; I love Kate Winslet [size=7](more than anyone shall ever know)[/size] but even Angelina Jolie in Changeling would’ve been a worthier winner.

Thus my vote goes to the honourable Mr. Eastwood :)[/quote]

And the French film is discarded because… ? it’s French :?: :roll: :arrow:

No, I just didn’t see it so have no input on it. Even so, I can’t imagine it trumping GT.

Gran Torino was my favourite film of the week, but The Class was just as good - a compelling film.

I have now watched Gran Torino and despite thinking that it would not be my sort of film, I really enjoyed it and thought that it was very good!

Gran Torino rocks my socks :slight_smile:

I didn’t watch The Class properly, but what i did catch of it seemed no different to a real life documentary - there weren’t any real unexpected turns or whatever - not really my thing.

I watched Gran Torino twice and I must say that the second showing was just as good as the first, maybe better… And that was nothing to do with Ms. Aptula being around. :wink:

There’ll be gossip if you two aren’t careful :wink:

aww hug :wink:

There’s a lot of winking going on on this thread.
Perhaps some secret code that I’m not in on.
Well, how do you all feel about this?!:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh, Owen…
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :oops: