The Hobbit

The first pics are out… well, only a few, but they do include Martin Freeman as Bilbo!

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/first-official-images-of-bilbo-baggins-in-the-hobbit-arrive

It looks like Jackson did rather enjoy Sherlock on the BBC - Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug, you know what that might just work! But then no Leonard Nimoy…

Third production video is up! The costumes, sets and dwarves are looking magnificent! http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150326323406807&oid=141884481557&comments

Also Jackson is in England shooting Christopher Lee’s scenes.

Fourth Production video is up! Mirkwood sets - looking rather garish, 3D and 48 FPS:

I quite enjoyed that in terms of a proper look at how they’re going about making these things :slight_smile:

The trailer is finally with us!

Pretty good year for Benedict, he’s just been cast as the villain in the next Star Trek film too!

Though he only has a minor role in this doublet - I’d say the other one to look out for is Luke Evans (Clash of the Titans, Blitz, The Three Musketeers, Immortals, The Raven) as Bard.

And we now have an awesome Dain Ironfoot!

Production vid #6!!!

Shooting all over New Zealand - and it looks like most of it is dwarves running around…

Well - I’m looking forward to The Hobbit (and associates running dwarves…)

Another production video!!

They walk into the art department and suddenly someone smears vaseline on the lens.

Looks pretty swish! A lot of blurred out stuff, though :stuck_out_tongue:

It was all going so welll…

…and then Orlando Bloom appeared :frowning:

True story. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also love that they have a whole team of “scale replicas”. I’m now going to spend half the film guessing whether I’m seeing full size actors, scale replicas or stunt doubles.

If its Gandalf talking to dwarves, then it’s probably a mixture!

Principle photography has now been completed on day 366 of shooting!

I notice that the release date has been put back by 12 days to Boxing Day.

:frowning: