The Night Owl thread

Apparently they’re planning a twitter game show:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24898

Not sure celebrities will be too pleased about it though.

That sounds extremely peculiar - even facebook hasn’t cottoned on to something as weird as that yet :!:

That’s crazy! Makes you wanna give up facebook and your mobile phone and be an island. I think it will change the nature of celebrity and celebs will love it. Those that don’t love it, it will break - I think it’s late enough at night to start quoting Hemingway: ‘The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills’…

Doesn’t facebook have like a hardcore magazine though, and by magazine, I mean grossly oversized pamphlet? A pamphlet is really all you need to sum up facebook.

Twitter is useless! Why would you want to know every little detail about someone’s life?!?!?! Stephen Fry is twitting, ‘I’m going to the gym now. Don’t laugh.’ Yes, it’s a little bit funny, but do we care??

Facebook’s good, but once you stop using it for a while, you realise it’s nothing more than just a waste of time…

So, the above two I could do without. But give up my phone??? Never!!!

And Sarah, i used to have so much respect for you :cry:

[quote=“bsuije”]Facebook’s good, but once you stop using it for a while, you realise it’s nothing more than just a waste of time…

So, the above two I could do without. But give up my phone??? Never!!! [/quote]

Can we hold you to that over facebook :?: :!:

[size=9]Respect? For me? Well, I don’t much understand this perplexing currency. It seems restrictive.

Facebook is a waste of time. Especially now they’ve made it all weird. You feel mean blocking people too, but I just don’t want to hear what results they got from the ‘how many kids will you have’ quiz or if they are a fan of ‘cuddles in bed’ or ‘laughing’ - I don’t care about this information from people know and like. It’s useful for birthdays and when you’ve stupidly lost your phone.

I’ve now lost both of my phones. It was quite handy, having two, because I could call one when I inevitable lost the other. I now realise that this was foolish and logically inconsistent. There’s no escaping the probability police. Once again, the voices of the past return: Behold, the fool saith, “Put not all thine eggs in the one basket” … " but the wise man saith, “Put all your eggs in the one basket and–WATCH THAT BASKET.” What is it about late at night?

This post is going to say that I’m one hour behind. I would like the extra hour muchly. Maybe if I don’t change it, they’ll get confused and add it on at the end. The very end. I’ll have smoked minus 6 fags. I’m going to Bill Hicks’ heaven for dead, yet still maoning, non-smokers. I’ll lazily trick my way into heaven using their own loopholes! Then I’ll start smoking, they can’t get you when you’re dead. I’ll be needing James Dean’s jacket. In white. With wing holes.[/size]

[size=9]Please can we have a Calvin and Hobbes comic on the forum? I feel this would improve quality of life throughout the crew. Whilst Pearls before swine is very good, it doesn’t quite hit the spot. With the help of C and H, we can build bridges and learn that which can’t be put on any CV or mangled by this 'ere planet of sophism. We can all throw away our televisions and stop being quite so cancerous… forums are great because you can see exactly how you got here. My point is Calvin and Hobbes on the comics bit. Please?[/size]

No posts in July?! That really is quite appalling :frowning:

Fingers crossed that everything’ll work IT-wise once term starts up!

My first post on this thread in five months. I’m a true night owl again.

Welcome back James… I trust that you’ve enjoyed a pleasant break including your trip to Spain :?:

The Mac was out of the country??? :shock: I’m surprised I didn’t feel it in me waters…

Wow. This is the first time in ages that I’ve been up late enough to post on this thread. Must be starting to show my age.

Where in Spain did you go James?

I spent two weeks in Andalucia in July. I was 250 km from the wildfires that engulfed the Almeria region.

I like the way that that sounds like you’re giving yourself an alibi :!:

It’s sad that this thread has gone out of vogue :frowning: I’m afraid I’m far from an innocent party to this.

Unrelatedly, I notice that George and Rob are currently drawing in votes (1174 apiece) - you guys are very consistent in matching one another :wink:

You will never again see the light of day :!:

I’m going to break the rules and post in the middle of the day :twisted:

[size=9]This thread has certainly not gone out of vogue. This place really is a bit scary though. I don’t think the name ‘the night owl’ is particularly pleasant - I always think of that time when them owls ate them other owls live on springwatch.

This place will be more popular when we all realise we have way too much sodding work to do and sleep is simply not a luxury we can afford. Sleep is just an addiction - a selfish, time-consuming unhealthy addiction and we must get clean! We must suffer for the greater good and our brains will catch up in a few evolutionary steps. In a few short thousand years, we could be dolphins. Obese, diabetic dolphins. It’s the future.[/size]

I could be Midnight Mark.

Aye, you could, but would you want to be :?: