Quite an interesting article from the BBC the box office adjusted, adjusted and adjusted again! At least all the adjustments bring down the position of Mamma Mia!
That’s a really nice little bit of number crunching
Not sure the order reflects too well on British cinema audiences. Compare it to America’s most successfull films at the box office (adjusted for inflation):
- Gone With the Wind (1939)
- Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- The Sound of Music (1965)
- E. T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- The Ten Commandments (1956)