Vampire Replacement!

Just as an update, we’ve been informed that we’re not going to be able to get Interview with the Vampire, so does anyone have any good suggestions for what should go on the Thursday of Vampire week?

Suggestions thus far have (in alphabetical order) included:

Blade
Cirque du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant
Twilight
Underworld
Van Helsing

If you think something else fits and would do much better than the above, please post it to this forum asap!

Blade Trinity? :lol:
Or Nosferatu if you manage to get it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn’t look like it’s worth even checking i’m afraid, based upon these release dates :frowning:

Cirque du Freak looks the best out of that lot.

[size=9]Though I don’t care about attendances and I think it’s a crime not to show Nosferatu in vampire week and I recon we could show it on DVD. I know I’d pay to see it on a big screen regardless of whether it came on 35mm just as long as it was the origional ‘black and white’ version (with the origional stock for night and evening etc. rather than the sepia version) You need to see it on the big screen to fully apprechiate the deep focus.[/size] [size=7]Watching it on TV is like looking at a piece of art on a teeny tiny postcard.[/size]

Was Bram Stoker’s Dracula (the one with Gary Oldman) mooted somwhere or am i just imagining it?

I’d really like to see Blade but I think Twilight is the only option likely to make money.

A good film or a good attendance. Don’t make me choose! :frowning:

[quote=“George”]I’d really like to see Blade but I think Twilight is the only option likely to make money.
[/quote]

Actually I’m not sure: boyfriends might be dragged along to one film in the Twilight saga but not both, and could bargain Blade in exchange?

[quote=“George”]I’d really like to see Blade but I think Twilight is the only option likely to make money.

A good film or a good attendance. Don’t make me choose! :([/quote]

Surely our constitution means we can’t show Twilight:

Twilight has absolutely no cinematic value and showing it just to make money would be equally as wrong

[quote=“Mee”]

Twilight has absolutely no cinematic value and showing it just to make money would be equally as wrong[/quote]

um, I don’t think that classifies a a breach of our constitution - especially since it’s subject to your not liking the film (for the record, I didn’t like it either), since it was clearly extremely well received by the masses.

The financial argument is an imprtant one though. Whilst our single screenings for next term look like they should hold up quite well, the doubles are quite weak, so aren’t likely to be able to make the profits we’d need them too.

I was kinda joking about Twilight, obviously if people want to see it again then we should consider it but I do feel that we shouldn’t be showing films just to make money, it’s not like we’re broke at the moment

Ok peeps, Blade has been requested, in line with the desire of the masses (all 11 of us!). Twilight and Cirque du Freak will be reserves, corresponding with/to the vote.