X3: The Last Stand... well, it isn't really

I’ve heard and read that it’s meant to be very good, though perhaps not in the same way as the first two, due to new script writers and director.

More controversially, i hear it may not be a trilogy any more… when will people learn to stop making so many sequels for a cheap (resists temptation to say “buck”) money maker?!

Dude, films like X-Men and Spiderman (in fact any film with “Man” or similar in the title apparently) are meant to be a franchise, and as far I’m concerned they can, and should, keep on making them. However, why Spiderman 3 has to have the green goblin in it again so soon seems a bit silly considering the wealth of villains available (probably something to do in keeping with the comics or whatever).
On the other hand, having a matrix “trilogy” merely because trilogies are the fashion at the mo (bourne trilogy? lotr, star wars etc) and ruining all the mystery the first film set up is indeed a bad art idea (although good money idea I guess:(). Generally tho, sequels piss me off, like Ocean’s 12 (pointless), Cheaper By The Dozen 2 (what the hell?) etc etc

X-3 could be awesome, but Kerrang! oh flawless unbiased objective publication that it is gave it a mere 3 out of 5. I look forward to it nonetheless.

I think X-Men 3 will be amazing … one again we get all that Hugh Jackman goodness all over the big screen … Plus, it does look pretty fun. Also, no one mentioned MI3 - apparantly ‘better than 2, not as good as one’.

(I disagree with your point about Cheaper by the Dozen 2. I can’t imagine the first one was anything to write home about :P)

But back to X-men … mmmmm :slight_smile:

Just wait until Ocean’s Thirteen next year…

Are they actually doing that?! :shock:

I’m afraid so.

I didn’t actually make a point about cheaper by the dozen, so I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with.

Well anyway, X-men 3:

Overall - better than they said, some really really awesome moments and sequences, with some shocks and surprises. But some cringing bits, crappy dialogue and the occasional shit bit of casting. Anna Paquin was in it nowhere nearly enough. It needed to be better than this, but if the franchise continues (and I really hope it does) theres some cool little setups.

It is a rather good idea to wait until the end of the credits.

To revive a (very) old thread…

They’ve now confirmed that they’re going to be making an X-Men prequel next year:

Even with Matthew Vaughn directing I’m still not going to get too excited about it. It’s been 7 years and several films since the X-men franchise produced a good film.

Yeah, i’m not holding my breath on this one either…

The biggest problem with film and TV is people not knowing when to stop. Star Wars would be a case in point :P.

If there was less money in cinema, people would make better, more original films.

There would probably be more quality independent films but there wouldn’t be the money to make Blockbusters like Avatar, The Dark Knight, Iron Man, etc. I guess the shitty sequels are a price we have to pay… :frowning:

They have announce who will play the younger Professor X James McAvoy. Personally I think that this film is looking up after the disaster that was Wolverine, decent actor, decent director, now lets just hope the story is decent!

The main issue I’ve got with Wolverine and X-Men: First Class (aside from Wolverine being a bit crap) is that they seem a bit unnecessary. I often find it a problem with prequels since you already know how it’s all going to turn out.

Having said that the names attached to it so far do make it sound a bit more promising.

James Mc didn’t exactly bring in the masses last night though, did he?!

The Last Station and X-Men could hardly be more different, though.

I suppose it will be more akin to Wanted :slight_smile:

But the main point James, is why didn’t you help bring in more people last night?! :stuck_out_tongue:

I hadn’t failed to notice that your post was delightfully ambiguous.