Bargains

I found a really cheap boxset on play.com and thought it might be nice to make a thread for people to post any good offers they find to. To get it started here’s the play.com offer:

Play.com are selling a ‘Celebration Of Blockbusters’ box-set with 10 films (Rocky Balboa, Alien, The Day After Tomorrow, Fight Club, Kingdom of Heaven, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Platoon, The Silence of the Lambs, The Usual Suspects, X-Men: The Last Stand) for £10.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3328990/-/Product.html?searchstring=Celebration+Of+Blockbusters+Box+Set&searchsource=0

Also, I thought I’d say the Varsity Card gives 5% discount off play.com stuff.

Not bad, not bad :slight_smile:

This is the one that I recently purchased (it’s still on offer at £9.99 - a 90% reduction, though don’t expect it to go back up to £99.99 :!:slight_smile:

British Film Box Set

It’s got Confetti, Mrs Henderson Presents, The Full Monty, Titanic, Four Weddings And A Funeral, A Fish Called Wanda, Chariots Of Fire, An Affair To Remember, The King And I and The Queen.

Not too shabby at a pound/film, you have to admit :mrgreen:

As the more keen studentbeans fans will know, you can download Coldplay’s latest live album Left Right Left Right Left for free by clicking here

BARGAIN!

I have a few vouchers for 50p off the price of a Real Ale from any Wetherspoons or Lloyds JD pub. Does anyone want them?

This might come in useful for someone over the weekend :slight_smile:

'Get 50% off orders over £30 online and over the phone at Domino’s. Either ring your order through and quote the offer, or order online from Fri 19 - Sun 21 and 50% will be automatically taken off your £30 bill - no code or voucher needed.

If your order comes just under the £30 mark add a few dips at 39p to get it over the threshold. The offer does not include drinks, ice-cream or ‘meal deals’. ’

Also:

‘Pizza Hut Delivery 50% off £30+ spend
When: All day, every day
How: Use code TERFPO1ZL
Ends: Fri 31 July
Where: Pizza Hut Delivery only
Restrictions: Valid when you spend £30 or more on full menu prices at Pizza Hut Delivery only. Excludes drinks, ice-cream, deals, offers and ‘create your own’ pizzas.’

That Pizza Hut one might come in useful for the Outdoor Screening :smiley:

Get given £50 for 20p!

good luck finding one!! actually, i thought i heard a story that one of those sold for £5,000-odd on ebay!!! :shock: craaazy world!!

Tescos now have £2 dvds! :smiley:

And it took you that long to realise!

Is there anything worth buying, though?

[quote=“Klan”]

Is there anything worth buying, though?[/quote]

Last time I checked they had The Sound of Music and TMNT

Only the former is worth buying; I gave up on TMNT after two reels.

I’ve managed to go 25 years without watching Sound of Music. Tescos will not break me!

Somerfield are selling Mexican Discovery taco, nacho and enchilada kits for £1.54 - £1.72. They all have inside them a code that lets you print a Sol beer voucher for £2! (Which you can use in the self-serve machines at Tesco’s) Thus MAKING you a net profit of 46 - 28p. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sometimes there is such a thing as a free lunch. :wink:

They’ve had Terminator 3, Rendition and The Big Lebowski amongst others for £2 recently.

£1 off your next purchase of Baileys!!!

(For those of you who have yet to taste the smooth creamy deliciousness of Irish Meadow…)

[quote=“natalia”]£1 off your next purchase of Baileys!!!

(For those of you who have yet to taste the smooth creamy deliciousness of Irish Meadow…)[/quote]

Alcohol-free since 2010 baby!

I know someone who found one of the special 20p coins, she got it from a Tesco self service till.
I still check every 20p I get…

You’re not alone matt! But the chances are getting slimmer then :frowning:

I had a good moment when I checked one and couldn’t see the date, then realised it was under my finger…damn