Long dead franchises

I found 4 quite entertaining. It didn’t have the depth of the first one (or even come close) but the action was good.

A fifth might have been good if they designed it as the end of the franchise (like Stallone did with Rocky Balboa). Maybe Rambo could have finally taken on one tank too many and died in some heroic (and explosive) way.

The Odeon are actually billing the upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street remake as “A Nightmare on Elm Street Remake”!
That’ll show all those Hollywood types who decide to constantly rehash old material.
I wonder if all the upcoming re-boots will get the same treatment…

Not long dead, but a decade will have passed between the release of MIB 3D and Men in Black II.

Convenient how so many 3D films are the third in a series so that all they have to do is append ‘D’ to the title, huh…

Yeah, you’d almost think they weren’t worth pummelling further into the ground without the additional gimmick dimension :wink:

More info is slowly being leaked on this one:
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/men-in-black-iii-new-details-unveiled

Bit slow on the pick-up here, but there’s a Johnny English sequel on the way.
I’m ambivalent about it. It’ll certainly be no Bean: Ultimate Disaster Movie!

I remember quite liking Johnny English. Last time I saw it though was at the cinema which was ages ago. :?

I really enjoyed Johnny English :slight_smile:

Which I suppose isn’t good news for the rest of FilmSoc / the World…

Ummmmm…

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30311 :frowning:

:x

The fact that they’re talking about prequels AND sequels leaves little doubt that they just want to get as much money out of it as they can. I can’t really see how Blade Runner would benefit from either.

And another… “franchise”[hr]

And even worsely :shock

I wouldn’t mind another Silent Hill. Not my favourite video game film but a bit different at least.

Cube 3D looks quite unnecessary though. I wasn’t even that keen on the original and I gather the sequels are quite a lot worse. They’ve not even got an idea for the story it seems. They’ve just decided they want to make more money off the franchise.

The Johnny English 2 trailer is out - looks like it could be a bit of a larf.

OMG!!!

Check this out!!!

And even better news on the continuing franchise front!!!

Another Jurassic Park might be fun. I’d want a sequel though (even if it doesn’t follow on too directly) rather than a reboot.

There’s now a trailer out for Mission Impossible 4.

I can’t really see the point of this film - MI2 and MI3 were only watchable because you could hurl abuse at Tom Cruise the whole way through - is that what they’re going for?

I am confused though… Brad Bird (of Pixar fame) is directing, and the film features (in addition to TC as Ethan cough Hunt) Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner and Michael Nyqvist… could be interesting I guess?

At least it looks better than MI2 and MI3 (so far).

And so another film hurtles towards franchise-dom :frowning:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31384

Given that Thor was actually pretty good I wouldn’t mind a sequel. It’ll be interesting to see what they do with it if nothing else.